Every time you use your PortaVia, you're making a positive impact on the environment
2000 PortaVia lids are now being used around the world!
If these 2000 PortaVias are use instead of a single-use cup 3 times a week that means together we're saving 24,000 cups each month from becoming litter and landfill.
This is ongoing and sustainable change, thank you for being a part of it!
Below are some of the challenges we face both at home (Vancouver, Canada) and abroad.
- 2.6 million polycoat paper cups are thrown in the trash in Vancouver every week. 1
- Nearly 50% of garbage collected from public waste bins are disposable cups and take-out containers. 1
- 22% of litter on Vancouver streets are disposable cups, lids, and sleeves. 1
- An average person in Canada uses 100 kg of plastic each year. 2
- A plastic bottle requires 25% of its volume in crude oil during the production process. 2
Here, you will soon be able to see how much you're doing for our environment every time you use PortaVia over a single-use option. We'll track how much water waste you're helping to reduce and see the amount of carbon emissions not being added to the atmosphere. You'll learn more about PortaVia's lean supply chain and see the approximate number of paper cups, sleeves and plastic lids you're helping save from going into landfills.
We need to gather the right kind of primary research in order to ensure our figures are correct, so stay tuned to hear more.