Every time you use your PortaVia, you're making a positive impact on the environment
2000 PortaVia lids are now being used around the world!
If these 2000 PortaVia lids are use instead of a single-use cup 3 times a week, we're working together to save cups from becoming litter and landfill.
Every month 2000 PortaVia lids are saving:
- 24,000 single-use cups from being used and thrown away
- 9 ¾ trees from being cut down and processed
- 6,000 gallons of water from being used
- and almost enough energy to power a home for a month
Figures are drawn from Green Match, follow the link for more astounding facts about single-use waste. 2
Below are some of the challenges we face both at home (Vancouver, Canada) and abroad.
- 2.6 million polycoat paper cups are thrown in the trash in Vancouver every week. 1
- Nearly 50% of garbage collected from public waste bins are disposable cups and take-out containers. 1
- 22% of litter on Vancouver streets are disposable cups, lids, and sleeves. 1
- 16 billion paper coffee cups were thrown away in 2018. 2
- 480 billion plastic water bottles were sold in 2016. 3